DIRECTOR, OPERATIONS, COH, CIH
Ruairi Ward is a Certified Occupational Hygienist (COH), Certified Industrial Hygienist with the American Board of Industrial Hygiene (CIH) & has over 12 years occupational hygiene experience across pharmaceuticals, industry and resources.
Ruairi is a Certified Occupational Hygienist with the AIOH, a Certified Industrial Hygienist with the American Board of Industrial Hygiene, a faculty member of the British Occupational Hygiene Society (BOHS) and a full member of the Occupational Hygiene Society of Ireland (OHSI). Ruairi holds a MSc in occupational hygiene from the University of Manchester, as well as a Graduate Diploma in occupational health and safety from the National University of Ireland in Galway (NUIG). Ruairi also has an undergraduate honours degree in Mathematical and Computational Science from NUIG.
Ruairi has a wide range of experience having worked in the consultancy field within Australia and for the Chevron Gorgon project as part of the Kellogg Joint Venture. Prior to working in Australia, Ruairi developed a portfolio of occupational hygiene skills in Ireland by working in the pharmaceutical industry, medical devices sector and in consultancy.
His experience includes advising and managing OHS management systems, risk registers, OHS training, mould and bacteria, noise and vibration surveys, thermal stress, asbestos, lighting, radiation, water quality, PPE fit-testing and audiometry.
Ruairi is a highly sought after consultant across a broad range of industrial and government sectors. These are just a selection of his clients: Rio Tinto, BHP, Holcim, Tronox, BASF, Flinders Mines, ASC and Cockburn Cement.
- Certified Occupational Hygienist
- Certified Industrial Hygienist with the American Board of Industrial Hygiene
- BOHS Certificate of Operational Competence in Occupational Hygiene
- MSc in Occupational Hygiene
- Higher Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety
- Bachelor of Computational and Mathematical Science
- Registered CONTAM – Surface Ventilation Officer
- Approved Noise Officer (WA)
- Internal Health and Safety Auditor (OHSAS 18001)
- Internal Environmental Auditor (ISO 14001)
- Investigation and risk assessment for occupational and environmental noise.
- Investigation and risk assessments for air quality: dust, chemical and vapours.
- Technical expertise in emergency situations involving chemical spills and leaks.
- Conducting heat stress assessment of workers
- Technical expertise in risk assessment of ergonomic and industrial hygiene issues.
- Project management
- Development and delivery of training programs
- Teaching, presenting
- NATA Accredited Laboratory Services
- Member of Institute of Occupational Health and Safety (IOSH)
- Member of the Australian Institute of Occupational Hygiene (AIOH) with MAIOH and COH status
- Member of the Occupational Hygiene Society of Ireland (OHSI)
- Licentiate member of the British Occupational Hygiene Society (BOHS)
- Member of the National Irish Safety Organisation (NISO)