This Basic Principles Course provides core knowledge for an individual to develop a career in occupational hygiene.
It’s also suitable for people who simply need a better understanding of occupational hygiene, such as doctors, nurses, safety professionals, engineers and managers.
RED OHMS Training can run this course as an in-house/online programme for large companies or commercial organisations where a minimum booking for 10 people is required, and also online for public registration.
For further information for company specific training and to receive a quote please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Health and safety professionals
- Occupational health specialists including nurses and physicians
- Other supervisors or specialists who wish to work with workplace health or hygiene issues
This Principles of Occupational Hygiene course is designed to meet the needs of people wishing to study at the Foundation level. It is a 5 day programme that provides a basic introduction to the anticipation, recognition, evaluation and control of risks to health in the workplace. It will introduce you to chemical exposures, noise, the thermal environment, lighting, radiation, ergonomics, behavioural science and much more.
We are delighted to announce that we will now be delivering our courses remotely on the video conferencing platform GoTo, enabling students to receive the same level of technical learning as they would in the classroom.
All materials are delivered in advance to participants including those for practical assessments. Exams are also held online.
- Provide a practical understanding of occupational hygiene for people who need to manage or advise in workplace health issues
- Provide a foundation from which to undertake more in-depth study in individual occupational hygiene subjects
- Inform and enthuse participants about the contribution of occupational hygiene to ensuring optimal worker health
- Value occupational hygiene in improving worker health and understand the role of the occupational hygienist
- Understand health hazards encountered in the workplace and identification techniques (foundation level)
- Understand the basics of which exposure assessment, measurement process and control method to use (foundation level)
- Manage occupational hygiene programmes in your work environment
- Basic identification of sources and potential routes of occupational exposure including:
- Chemical exposures
- Thermal environment
- Behavioural science
- Much more…
- BOHS Certificate of Successful Course Completion in the Principles of Occupational Hygiene
- RED OHMS Training Certificate of Attendance
On successful completion of the Principles of Occupational Hygiene course and examination the student will receive an Award of Successful Course Completion in the Principles of Occupational Hygiene from the British Occupational Hygiene Society (BOHS).
We are delighted that this course is now endorsed by the Australian Institute of Health and Safety (AIHS).
All AIHS members are entitled to a discounted course fee of $2,375 + GST.
Select from the available course dates below to complete your registration.
In the event of a cancellation, the following fees will apply:
- Cancellation within 4 weeks of course start date: 50% of total course fee.
- Cancellation within 2 weeks of course start date: 100% of total course fee.