Gavin has worked within the field of asbestos management for over 18 years both in Australia and the UK. Having obtained the BOHS Certificate of Competence in Asbestos he has been providing tailored advice and assistance to clients within diverse industrial and commercial sectors over the course of his career.
Gavin obtained the BOHS Certificate of Competence in Asbestos, early on his career following an intensive graduate training program covering asbestos surveying, asbestos bulk identification in the laboratory, asbestos fibre air monitoring and clearance inspections.
Following obtaining a multitude of qualifications in the asbestos industry Gavin saw an opportunity to join an organisation intent on expansion throughout the UK where he joined as a Regional Manager. His role garnered the requirement to generate sales, train staff and develop the business capabilities.
Following successful expansion over the course of five years, delivering asbestos consultancy services to a large demographic, Gavin was rewarded by becoming an Associate Director within the business. Additional responsibilities involved the mentoring of the regional management team to emulate the same success he had endured within his section of the business.
A few years later Gavin made the decision to relocate to Western Australia with his family to helm a similar role to his previous one. He utilised his expertise to aid a National consultancy in gaining a foothold in the Western Australia market. Formally having no presence in WA, Gavin set about his role to develop capabilities and generate clients in his role as State Manager. After a successful five years growing the team to in excess of fifteen staff members delivering services across all facets of the organisation, Gavin has taken up the helm as General Manager of OHMS Asbestos.
Gavin has worked with government departments such as Agriculture, Customs, Defence, Education, Health, Local Councils, Maritime and various Emergency Services.
On a commercial scale his experience lies within Construction, Demolition, Facilities Management, Land Development, Mining, Residential, Retail, Telecommunications, Tourism, Utilities and Waste Management.
- Certificate of Competence (Asbestos);
- S301 Asbestos and Other Fibres;
- P401 Identification of Asbestos in Bulk Samples (PLM);
- P402 Building Surveys and Bulk Sampling For Analysis;
- P403 Asbestos Fibre Counting (PCM);
- P404 Air Sampling and Clearance Testing of Asbestos; and
- BA in Business and Computing
- asbestos management;
- investigation, identification and risk assessment of asbestos and other hazardous building materials;
- technical expertise in emergency situations involving asbestos exposure;
- awareness training;
- project management;
- project supervision during remediation;
- client liaison;
- technical report writing;
- systems development;
- quality assurance;
- mentoring and staff development