Candidates will be introduced to toxicology, physiology and epidemiology and be able to identify chemical substances hazardous to health in their workplace and understand their harmful effects on target organs.
We are delighted to announce that we will now be delivering our courses remotely on the video conferencing platform GoTo, enabling students to receive the same level of technical learning as they would in the classroom.
All materials are delivered in advance to participants including those for practical assessments. Exams are also held online.
- Provide definitions of commonly used toxicological terms;
- Describe the main routes by which hazardous substances can enter the body, and the factors which influence their absorption, distribution, storage and elimination;
- Describe the main sources of information on hazardous substances and processes;
- Describe the main features of the principal target organs affected by hazardous substances at work, and the factors which influence the degree of harm;
- Describe the main routes of exposure and toxic and health effects for hazardous substances commonly encountered in the workplace;
- Carry out basic interpretation of the results from epidemiological studies.
Select from the available course dates below to complete your registration.
In the event of a cancellation, the following fees will apply:
- Cancellation within 4 weeks of course start date: 50% of total course fee.
- Cancellation within 2 weeks of course start date: 100% of total course fee.