We are delighted to announce that we will now be delivering our courses remotely on the video conferencing platform GoTo, enabling students to receive the same level of technical learning as they would in the classroom.
All materials are delivered in advance to participants including those for practical assessments. Exams are also held online.
Please contact Emma Long on 0468 553 696 or email email@example.com for further information.
- Candidates will describe how exposure to hazardous substances arises in the workplace and develop knowledge of methodologies and technologies available to control exposures and reduce risks to health.
- Describe how airborne contaminants are generated by industrial processes, how this impacts on the control strategy, and how control solutions can thereby be optimised;
- Recognise the range of approaches to risk reduction embodied in the hierarchy of control and select appropriate strategies for implementation;
- Describe the meaning of “adequate control”, particularly in relation to personal exposures;
- Discuss the importance of design considerations in terms of the workplace, process, and plant, as a means of reducing occupational exposures;
- Describe the principal elements of a local exhaust ventilation system, give examples of typical installations and know how to carry out the necessary measurements to assess whether a local exhaust ventilation system is effective and operating to the design specification;
- Recognise the limitations of local exhaust hoods and enclosures and the means to optimise their effectiveness;
- Describe how personal protective equipment programmes may be used in an effective manner;
- Recognise the impact that control measures may have on other workplace hazards and understand the need to take a holistic approach to the design of control solutions.
We are currently taking registrations of interest for this course.
Please complete the waitlist form and we will advise you of any upcoming course dates.
In the event of a cancellation, the following fees will apply:
- Cancellation within 4 weeks of course start date: 50% of total course fee.
- Cancellation within 2 weeks of course start date: 100% of total course fee.