We are now running this course in October- click on the register button below to reserve your place.
We are delighted to announce that we will now be delivering our courses remotely on the video conferencing platform GoTo, enabling students to receive the same level of technical learning as they would in the classroom.
All materials are delivered in advance to participants including those for practical assessments. Exams are also held online.
- Extend knowledge of occupational exposure to fibrous dusts used in industry (asbestos, machine made mineral fibres, carbon, etc.);
- Understand the health risks of asbestos and other fibres as well as the means of evaluation and control; and
- Learn how to apply these principals for asbestos consultants as well as OH professionals.
- Describe the composition, nature and properties of asbestos, machine made mineral and other fibres and their historical uses;
- Describe the health effects of asbestos and other fibrous materials and apply appropriate exposure limits;
- Describe the uses of asbestos in buildings and the public health risk that these may pose;
- Understand the principles of and requirements for asbestos surveys including taking samples and identifying bulk asbestos types by microscopic techniques including relevant safety requirements;
- Be thoroughly familiar with current good practice in the construction and use of enclosures for asbestos remediation and the use of decontamination units;
- Understand all the principles of clearance testing, the requirements for measurement and appropriate techniques for post remediation evaluation;
- Conduct air sampling to determine airborne concentrations of asbestos or other fibres in accordance with defined procedures including microscopic counting techniques;
- Have the ability to advise on all the various techniques for the management of asbestos in buildings in accordance with good practice.
Select from the available course dates below to complete your registration.
In the event of a cancellation, the following fees will apply:
- Cancellation within 4 weeks of course start date: 50% of total course fee.
- Cancellation within 2 weeks of course start date: 100% of total course fee.